12.11.2012

the most WONDERFUL time


Welcome to the smattering of colors, animals, vintage Christmas, and yarn decor that is our living room. Oh how I love to decorate for the holidays! I am all about Anthropologie, handmade, and vintage ornaments and the random special animal ornaments from stores here and there. I dream of someday having a Christmas tree filled entirely with animal ornaments, but that will have to be when I have a mansion with a tree in every room someday because I can't give up my non-animal vintage ornaments. Let's see... I'd have an animal tree in the den, a vintage tinsel tree in the pretty entertaining living room (the parlor? I don't know the formal names for these things), a candy/cake/popcorn tree in the kitchen that I can snack off of all season, and.... yeah, that's all I'd need.

I started my holidays nice and early this year, November 1st. I have a friend who puts up her decorations November 1st every year and this year I decided to join her. Christmas music was a'blaring in our house while all the kids in the land still had Halloween sugar highs. I haven't regretted the early start one bit. I love Christmas and feel like there's never enough of it to enjoy when it takes me a week or so to decorate and I'm rushing around getting presents the whole season. This year I wanted to be done with shopping and decorating early to soak it all in and I am! I have half of one present left to buy and then I am done. I'm usually a week of shopper, so this is a major accomplishment. And I did most of my shopping in sweats in front of the computer. As much as I hate the internet sometimes because it's such a time sucker, I loooove the invention of online shopping. Not having to leave the house and go to 100 different stores with the kiddos in tow? Amazing! The kids threatened to ruin with season with a crazy horrible cold before Thanksgiving. That put a major halt in shopping and celebrating and sanity, but luckily they were well just in time to go to Thanksgiving with hubby's family. After a few days of recovery from the madness of a 3 week crazy cough, I was back in Christmas mode. I still have some Christmas decorations I want to make (check out my holidays Pinterest board to see some of them), but if I don't get to them this year, I'll survive.

How is your Christmas coming along? Any decorating left to do? Are you an early shopper or December 23rd evening shopper?


2 comments:

Hilary said...

I too started early this year and had a few projects both finished and started before Thanksgiving which felt great. Due to an early Christmas with my in-laws last weekend I'm already done shopping for that side of the fam and just need a few more things for mine! I adore Christmas time and I say the longer the season the better :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE your Christmas decor!! I'm inviting myself over now for this Christmas 😊.

Link Within

Blog Widget by LinkWithin